Here are the questions for "Beatleology." Try to answer as many as you can (remember to answer all questions completely!), and e-mail your answers to email@example.com. Don't forget to include the name you would like displayed on the certificate! Thanks, and good luck!
50 Points possible!
1. Who suggested the name “The Beetles” as a take off on Buddy Holly’s Crickets?
2. What was the address of Brian Epstein’s NEMS music store?
3. What did the boys do as a joke to get back at the policemen at the 1964 Australian tour who had finished off all of the food before they got a chance to eat anything?
4. In what location were the first scenes in Help! shot?
5. When and where did the Beatles perform their last official live concert?
6. Which famous novelist was one of the screenwriters on the film Yellow Submarine?
7. What was the name of the division of Apple Records set up to distribute experimental music records?
8. Which was the only Beatles movie to win an Oscar?
9. Which category did that particular movie win an Oscar for?
10. What was the last single ever released by The Beatles?
11. Which Beatle was born during an air raid?
12. Who was the owner of The Star Club in Hamburg in 1961-1962?
13. What is the name of the Eastern restaurant where the boys ate in the film Help!?
14. How many takes of “How Do You Do It” were recorded by The Beatles?
15. On the 1965 performance of Thank Your Lucky Stars, two of The Beatles forgot items of clothing. What did they forget and whom did they borrow these items from?
16. Which Beatles album was the last to contain different songs on the European & American versions?
17. What is the subtitle for Yellow Submarine?
18. What was the last album recorded by a Beatle to be released on Apple Records?
19. What was the working title for the film Let It Be?
20. Who was The Quarrymen’s first manager?
21. Which author “got up and danced for the first time in his life” after hearing “I Want To Hold Your Hand”?
22. What is the name of the only Harrison/Lennon composition?
23. What was the working title for that song?
24. In the film A Hard Day’s Night, where was the train compartment (“I Should’ve Known Better”) scene actually filmed?
25. Who were the two additional backup singers on “Birthday”?
26. What gum wrapper is Paul wearing in his adventures on the floor in the film Help!?
27. What did The Beatles eat for Christmas dinner in Hamburg, 1962?
28. Name the only Beatle who had a brief walk-on in a sketch on Monty Python’s Flying Circus (the television show).
29. Who did Paul dedicate “P.S. I Love You” to?
30. Which Beatle was ill during the filming of Magical Mystery Tour and caused the bus journey to be delayed two days?
31. Which Beatle almost made a quest appearance on Pink Floyd’s album Dark Side of the Moon?
32. Which Beatle was born in a state of white asphyxia and had to be resuscitated to life?
33. How many months did it take to film A Hard Day’s Night?
34. Why did The Beatles refuse to play a concert in Cincinnati in the summer of 1966?
35. What song do the Indian men play while Paul and Ahme dance in the restaurant scene in the film Help!?
36. How many Beatles songs are less than 1 minute long?
37. Which Beatle was the first one to appear on Saturday Night Live?
38. Whose idea was it to have Ringo followed down the street by the submarine in the film Yellow Submarine?
39. Where was the Quarrymen’s favourite place to practice?
40. Who once said, “The Beatles are prototypes of a new race of laughing freement; revolutionary agents sent by God, endowed with a mysterious power to create a new human species”?
41. How long did The Beatles, themselves, predict that their run would last back in 1964?
42. Which scene in A Hard Day’s Night had to be shot numerous times due to all four Beatles being unable to control their laughter?
43. What was the working title of “Yesterday?
44. Where was the “Blue Jay Way” segment shot in the film Magical Mystery Tour?
45. 95 Wigmore Street, London, is the address of what?
46. Which Beatle was the last one to make a guest appearance on The Simpsons?
47. What was Brian Epstein’s middle name?